Centre College is pleased to present the Need-Based International Scholarship to international students who are experiencing financial constraints. The purpose of the financial aid is to finance higher education programs for the 2022/2023 academic year.
These monetary assistance grants are specially established for top eligible international scholars that have applied to any degree program at Centre College. A maximum of $21,000 funding can be secured by the selected applicants.
Centre College – About
Centre College is a private liberal arts academic institution in Danville rated at 52nd in National Liberal Arts Colleges. It had made it its mission to prepare students for lives of learning, leadership, and service. CC aims to spread the learning required by today’s employers.
The institution was officially chartered by the Kentucky General Assembly in the year 1819. The school is an associate of the Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities and Associated Colleges of the South.
In 2000, Centre College hosted the Vice Presidential Debate, and became the smallest college to be a host site for a general election debate. Dubbed “The Thrill in the Ville,” the debate was at the college’s Norton Center for the Arts. The occasion was a great success, being heralded as “the best vice presidential debate ever held” by former CBS news anchor Dan Rather. After the conclusion of the 2000 debate, executive director of the Commission on Presidential Debates, Janet Brown, said that “Centre has set the standard by which future debates will be judged.”
Who could imagine that twelve years after being a host of its first debate, Centre College will host another Vice Presidential Debate. This was on 11th of October, 2012. The debate between the then Vice Presidential Joe Biden (now President of the United States of America) and Congressman Paul Ryan, of which Martha Raddatz was the moderator. It was called one of the most captivating, intellectual, and entertaining debates of recent times. It was marked by dramatic contrasts in ideology, priorities, and personal style.
Why Centre College? Centre College is a devoted institution of higher learning that has pledged consistent efforts to nurture and strengthen the students’ performance. It offers its scholars a life-transforming performance with career-centered internships that extends their knowledge and network while offering them valuable learning expertise in a professional environment.
Need-Based International Scholarship – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Centre College
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award Value: $21,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Country: USA
Eligibility for Need-Based International Scholarship
To be eligible for Need-Based International Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Applicants from any international country are qualified to apply.
- Eligible Courses: Undergraduate or graduate programs taught at CC are available for enrollment.
- The entrants must be enrolled foreign students at Centre College.
- The scholarship funding will be granted to best qualified admitted students who need more financial assistance.
Benefits of Need-Based International Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Need-Based International Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
Students will be offered monetary assistance ranging from $3,000 to $21,000 by the college towards their degree studies at Centre College.
How to Apply for Need-Based International Scholarship
- Steps to Apply: Students can apply to Centre College via the Common Application. All foreign students will automatically be selected.
- Necessary Documents: The scholars are expected to provide the following documents to the university:
- Academic records
- Teacher recommendation
- Certificate of finance
- Admission Prerequisites: Applicants are expected to submit all international application requirements by the college.
- Language Prerequisites: The scholars have to provide scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL – 90
- DET – 115
To inquire further about Need-Based International Scholarship, please visit the official webpage.