Entrance Scholarships at Cape Breton University in Canada 2022
- Application Deadline: 15th December 2021
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Value of Award: $30,000
- Number of Awards: Not Known
Admission scholarships to the University of Cape Breton are available to applicants to cover student tuition fees for the applied program at the Institution. Their donors truly believe in the importance of education.
Through the efforts of supporters, $2.5 million in scholarships and bursaries are provided each year to candidates admitted to CBU. Students admitted directly from high school or through articulation agreement partners are considered for admission scholarships based on their academic grades.
At Cape Breton University, they are pushing the boundaries of innovation and thought leadership to establish an international academic experience and create a sustainable future for the island. Surrounded by pristine natural landscapes, vibrant culture and friendly communities, Cape Breton University (CBU) is home to nearly 5,500 students from more than 40 nations from around the world.
They are committed to the future of Cape Breton Island, to innovative economic development and sustainability programs, and to leading Indigenous learning. CBU provides a wide range of liberal arts, business, science, health and professional programs at North America’s leading energy self-sufficient campus.
Cape Breton University admission scholarships
(Domestic and International Students)
All new students who wish to be given consideration for Entrance Scholarships at Cape Breton University have to submit the following in addition to an admission application.
- Official transcript
- Financial need application for those seeking bursaries
High School Students
- No failures in Grade 11 or 12 subjects
- Average is based on all AC & AD Grade 11 subjects and all AC & AD concluded Grade 12 subjects after first semester
- Average for foreign students getting in directly from high school will be decided by Cape Breton University
- ESL conditional offers have to attend a CBU English language partner institution to have award honoured
Articulation Agreement Students
- Articulation agreements (both domestic & foreign) qualify
- Students are required to be currently registered in their program of transfer
- ESL conditional offers have to attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honoured
- Minimum 80% average as decided by CBU to be qualified with no failures
Major Entrance Scholarships at Cape Breton University
*A regulated number of the following awards will be granted*
|Name||Total Amount||Yearly Amount|
|W.M. Reid||$11,500||$4K & $2.5K|
Eligibility for Admission Scholarships at Cape Breton University
- Candidates should have obtained an acceptance letter for the applied program from CBU.
- Candidates should have scored a least score of 65% in their past academic engagements to be granted admission to CBU.
- Candidates are expected to attain minimum scores in the following English language adeptness tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TEOFL CBT – 213
- CAEL – 60
- IELTS – 6.5
- MELAB – 85
How to Apply for Entrance Scholarships at Cape Breton University
Candidates are requested to sign up for an account on the university portal and apply via the same. Candidates that will successfully submit their application prior to the closing date and meet the criteria for the opportunity will be given consideration.
Please note that all scholarships are pro-rated on the basis of the number of credits a student is registered in each semester.
E.g. 1 – President’s Scholarship = $5,000 each year. A candidate registered in 30 credits will receive $5,000, a student registered in 24 credits will obtain $4,000.
Candidates finishing courses during the Spring/Summer semester can ask to have scholarship dollars applied to their account.
E.g. Candidate takes 24 credits in the Fall/Winter term with the President’s Scholarships, they will obtain $4,000. The student keeps 80% average over the length of the calendar year and takes 6 credits in the Spring/Summer term, they will obtain the extra $1,000 at this time.
Cape Breton University makes all attempts to guarantee accuracy, currency and dependability of the information published on their scholarship, bursary and award website. If there is any inconsistency, the criterion that is held by the Awards Office is deemed accurate. Verification can be confirmed by getting in touch with email@example.com.