Future of Europe Scholarship at Hertie School Germany in Germany 2022/2023
Hertie School Germany presents the Future of Europe Scholarship for international students who dream of studying in Germany. The scholarship award allows Masters MPP or MIA program in fields of study such as: Public Policy and International Affairs taught at Hertie School Germany. The application closes on February 1st, 2022.
Hertie is a universal learning and research center of excellence situated in cosmopolitan Berlin. The school offer students a study environment characterized by close contact with faculty, energetic public debates, and engagement with present policy developments.
MPP – Master of Public Policy assists tomorrow’s makers of decisions with the resources they need to analyze policies, critically evaluate policy innovations and assess solutions. It is a proactive program, giving scholars not only knowledge but skill that they can use to promote good policies in all sectors.
MIA – Master of International Affairs enable scholars with the resources of international policymaking to face global issues and create sound policy proposals in a global multilevel system. Figuring how to circumnavigate this complex landscape of diverse actors and fields forms the core of the program.
Future Of Europe Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Awarding Institution: Hertie School Germany
- Study Level: Masters MPP or MIA program
- Areas of Study: Public Policy, International Affairs
- Eligible Applicants: International Students
- Country: Germany
Hertie School Germany – About
The Hertie School Germany is a German private-owned self-regulating graduate school situated in Berlin’s Friedrichstraße. The institution has a right to award masters degrees and doctoral degrees. Some of the students are from overseas (with over 95 nations represented among alumni and presently registered students). English Language is the language of instruction.
Mostly, Hertie School’s scholars have backgrounds in law, economics, political science and international relation. They pursue a Master of International Affairs degree or Master of Public Policy. The school offers its scholars the opportunity to finish a “professional year” at a multinational organization, government ministry or a foreign organization.
The subjects available to study under this scholarship program are listed below:
- Public Policy
- International Affairs
Benefits of Future of Europe Scholarship
Recipients of Future of Europe Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- All grants funds the whole tuition fees of the master program at a value of 34,500 EUR.
Eligibility for Future of Europe Scholarship
To be eligible for Future of Europe Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nationalities: Open to candidates of all countries.
- Undergraduate Degree: to meet the criteria for a graduate degree at the Hertie School Germany, you are expected to have accomplished at least an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) of at least 6 semesters at an institution of higher learning.
- Academic Background: while numerous candidates have finished their degree in fields related to public policy and international affairs, the master’s programs at the Hertie School of Governance are accessible to all academic backgrounds.
How to Apply for Future of Europe Scholarship
To avail Future of Europe Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Submit a proper application to the MIA or MPP program.
- In addition, answer one of the questions listed below in a short essay:
- In the first decades of European integration, the EU was termed as making “policy without politics” (Vivien Schmidt). Is this still the situation in 2021?
- Is the European Union’s effort to “export” rules and standards outside its borders normatively desirable or problematic?
- Is national democracy undermined by EU membership? Why (not)?
- The additional essay should be forwarded to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org after a proper application has been submitted. It should be around 2 pages in length.
- Interested persons should submit their applications and motivation statements before 1st of February. Selected applicants will be communicated for an interview.
Herr Sigo Riemer
Tel.: +49 (0)30/2592-114
Fax: +49 (0)30/259219-111
E-Mail: [email protected]
To inquire further about Future of Europe Scholarship, please visit the official website.