Immigration to Canada is not a one-step process, but requires several steps, planning, money and experience to successfully come to Canada. Many people lack experience and proper guidance, so they end up confused and frustrated with the process.
Canada has several pathways and programs designed to attract and retain skilled immigrants to Canada. You can immigrate to Canada as a student, skilled worker or through various sponsorship programs.
There are programs for unmarried individuals as well as programs for legally married couples or families with children. If you decide to move to Canada with your family, you must choose one of the family programs.
There are two ways you can move to Canada with your family: one is through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, which is linked to the Canadian Federal Express Entry. The other option is the family sponsorship program.
Canada’s overall immigration policy is to invite skilled immigrants to Canada in order to promote the country’s economic growth and increase the labor force.
Immigration to Canada is based on the points system, which means that applicants are evaluated according to their age, work experience, language skills, educational qualifications, etc.
The Canadian Express Entry program is used to score applicants who register and create a profile. The applicant with the highest score is then invited to apply through one of Canada’s provincial programs.
Applicants who wish to immigrate to Canada must create an Express Entry profile, which is then entered into a pool where they are ranked.
You can use the Express Entry Point Calculator to rank yourself and see if you are eligible for an invitation.
Prerequisite for registering for the Express Entry Pool
- Medical certificate
- Education certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Proof of funds
- Passport photo
- Proof of employment and proof of income to prove work experience.
- IELTS test results to prove your language skills.
- Make sure you have all of these documents together, as you will be asked to provide them when you fill out or create your Express Entry Profile.
How do you create an express entry profile?
- Visit the official Canadian website to get the form.
- Canada will ask you to answer a questionnaire to check your eligibility (Express Entry Questionnaire).
- After you complete the questionnaire, you will receive a personal reference code.
- Click on the form to fill out the Express Entry Questionnaire and answer all the questions to create your profile.
- Create your credentials and complete your profile registration.
- You will be asked for your reference key, enter it and continue.
- Fill in the different sections of the profile
- You will be asked if you have a job offer in Canada, if yes you will have to fill in the job offer form, otherwise click on “none”.
- Accept all the conditions and then submit it.
- You will receive a profile number and other messages confirming that your account has been successfully created.
- Now you need to wait for an invitation from a Canadian province.
Canadian provincial nominations take place every week or month, so you need to be on the lookout for the latest news about an invitation.