International Entrance Scholarships at Lakehead University in Canada 2021/2022
Lakehead University is pleased to welcome applications for International Entrance Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year. These openings are open to the talented international students applying to study at Lakehead University in Canada. International Entrance Scholarships program respects the academic achievements of foreign students coming for full-time undergraduate studies at Lakehead University.
Lakehead University – About
Lakehead University is a research institution of higher learning with its campuses spread across Thunder Bay and Orillia, Ontario, Canada. Lakehead University (‘Lakehead U’, or ‘LU’), is non-denominational and provincially backed. The school teaches graduate courses, undergraduate courses, the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, the only internationally accredited (AACSB) business school in northern Ontario, and accommodates the western campus of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.
The university has over 45,000 alumni. The Thunder Bay campus has almost 7,900 scholars. By September 2006, a fresh permanent expansion campus in Orillia, situated about 150 kilometers (93 mi) north of Toronto, has about 1,400 students.
The school has 9 faculties: Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Faculty of Health and Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Natural Resources Management, Science and Environmental Studies, Medicine, and Graduate Studies. September 2013, The Faculty of Law took in its first scholars.
The Social Sciences & Humanities is the biggest faculty at Lakehead, with around 30% of the students, followed by Science & Environmental Studies, Engineering, Health and Behavioral Sciences, Education, and Business Administration. Two small faculties are Natural Resources Management and Medicine, each with not up to 2% of the applicant enrolment.
Lakehead University is part of Canada’s best 10 majorly-undergraduate universities in the magazine’s 2021 University Rankings. Lakehead University is dedicated to a student-centered learning environment and has made devotion towards exceptional and innovative teaching, service, research, and other academic activity.
Why Lakehead University? Lakehead University is very concerned about the students’ academics, attentive to the point where the professors know each student by their names, as the class sizes at LU are concise and allow a personalized experience. The student-to-professor ratio at Lakehead is 15:1. Lakehead has an average employment rate of 96.7% 2 years subsequent to graduation.
International Entrance Scholarships – Summary
- Study Level: The studentship awards are available for pursuing undergraduate programs.
- Available Fields: The studentships are granted to study the fields offered by the university.
- Number of Awards: Limited
- Eligible Nationality: International students
- Country: Canada
Benefits of International Entrance Scholarships
Recipients of International Entrance Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- The award will be in the following manner:
- $7,500 – one academic year (For 90%+)
- $5,000 – one academic year (For 80.0% – 89.9%)
- $4,000 – one academic year (For 75.0% – 79.9%)
Eligibility for International Entrance Scholarships
To be eligible for International Entrance Scholarships, applicants must satisfy requirements below:
- Non-Canadian individuals who are entering Lakehead University from a acknowledged high school curriculum or who are transferring from an international college or university. The award is accessible to the brilliant foreign high school scholars applying to Lakehead University for 2021-2022.
How to Apply for International Entrance Scholarships
To apply for International Entrance Scholarships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: primarily, students have to get admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the university. After being admitted, you will be automatically considered for the financial award.
- Interested persons must have a previous degree
- English Language Requirement: All international candidates for whom English is not the native tongue must provide evidence of competence in the English language.
- Applicants must have Academic Average (Canadian Equivalent) from 75% to 90% to gain the scholarship.
Application Deadline: Open
International Entrance Scholarships program respects the academic achievements of foreign students coming for full-time undergraduate studies at Lakehead University.
To inquire further about International Entrance Scholarships, please visit the official website.