The Gates Scholarship Program for American Colleges is a completely financed undergraduate scholarship for American scholars. The Gates Scholarship Program finances tuition, accommodation, board, books, and transportation costs.
The Gates Scholarship for Colleges in America is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for exceptional, brilliant, minority, high school seniors from low-income families. The funding is given per annum to 300 of these student frontrunners, with the ultimate goal to help them realize their optimum potential. It is a very great opportunity.
Recipients’ complete cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid will be covered and the projected family contribution, as determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), or the procedure used by a scholar’s college or university.
Out of the 20,000 private scholarships every year in the US, The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is one of them. Top-performing candidates holding astonishing academic accomplishments, community service know-how, and leadership potentials would be prioritized to avail this wonderful prospect.
Melinda Gates and Bill Gates kicked started this program with the determination and desire to wipe out illiteracy among youths. Annually, scholars awarded The Gates Scholarship from underprivileged backgrounds to get an education and lead a high-quality life exceeds 300.
If you are searching for one of the best fully-financed undergraduate scholarships, it is The Gates Scholarship Program. Undergraduate students will be able to get financial assistance for books, tuition dues, transportation, accommodation, and many other bills. Accompanied by funding, The award will provide further support to Scholars, by engaging with them and their institutions in a variety of means, to make certain they have access to the resources and services they need at every point in time, from their first day to last day of classes, through graduation, and the shift to their chosen careers.
The Gates Scholarship Program – Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American Colleges
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: Currently unknown (please visit the official webpage at freqent intervals).
Benefits of The Gates Scholarship Program
The Gates Scholarship Program offers the beneficiary:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Room or accommodation expenses
- Board expenses
- Textbook expenses
- Transportation expenditures would be covered.
Eligibility for The Gates Scholarship Program
In order to win The Gates Scholarship Program, applicants must satisfy all of the requirements below:
- Language Required: English
- Countries that are Eligible: USA
- A high school senior
- Candidates should come from at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- Applicants should be Pell-eligible
- Candidates should be a citizen of US, national, or permanent resident
- Candidates must have at least cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- In addition, an applicant must anticipate enrolling full-time, in a 4-year degree program, at a US Accredited, Not-For-Profit, Private or Public College or University.
IMPORTANT: For American Indian/Alaska Native, evidence of tribal enrollment will be mandatory.
- An ideal applicant will have:
- A remarkable academic history in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Proven leadership skill (e.g., as revealed by participating in community service, extracurricular, or other activities) – Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply for The Gates Scholarship Program
Duly follow the guidelines below to apply for The Gates Scholarship Program:
- Apply online on official website.
- An applicant is supposed to gather the following information :
- SAT or ACT scores
- Academic transcripts
- Cumulative GPA
- Financial details about the applicant’s family
- Extracurricular information
- Letter of Recommendation
- The candidate is supposed to enroll for the TGS profile and start the Gates scholarship application process and submit the application with specific information: after gathering the information.
To make further inquiries about The Gates Scholarship Program, please visit the Official Website