Founders Scholarships Program is great opportunity for academically talented international students to get assistance for their undergraduate study towards the 2022-2023 academic year.
All applicants who are incoming college students for the first time are fit for an application for this scholarship opportunity. Applicants will be chosen on the basis of standardized test scores and will be granted a sum of $10,000 per year for 4 years.
Ferris State University – About
The university was established in the year 1884 as the BigRapids Industrial School. Ferris State University is a state-owned institution of higher learning with its major campus in Big Rapids, It holds a mission to prepare scholars for successful careers, responsible citizenship and lifetime learning.
It was set up by Woodbridge Nathan Ferris, an educationalist from Tioga County, New York., He eventually served as the State of Michigan governor and lastly in the US Senate where he continued until his death in the year 1928. From the start, the institution accepted female students commencing with its first graduating class. It is also the only state-owned university in Michigan to be established by an individual.
Currently, Ferris is the 9th largest institution of higher learning in the state with 14,560 students studying on its major campus, at one of the 19 off-campus sites all through the state, or online. Two-year and four-year degrees are taught in 8 academic colleges and graduate degrees from 6. It runs professional doctorate degrees through its pharmacy and optometry colleges and a multidisciplinary doctorate of education in community college leadership via the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Education and Human Services.
Ferris joined the state’s Higher Education System in the year 1950. The only structure to survive was the Alumni Building, constructed in the year 1929, at the north edge of campus. Since the fire, over 117 structures have been constructed on the major campus.
Why Ferris State University? Ferris State is renowned regionally and nationwide for its top value and engaging programs. Its principal location in Michigan makes it a ideal option not just for home country scholars but also international scholars as it guarantees overall convenience.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2022
Founders Scholarships Program – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Ferris State University
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Award Value: $10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Location: USA
Eligibility for Founders Scholarships Program
To be eligible for Founders Scholarships Program, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: Candidates of all international countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Courses: Applicants can apply for any undergraduate programs taught at FSU.
- Applicants are expected to attain the 31 ACT, 1350 SAT.
- Applicants need a 3.9/4.0 GPA.
Benefits of Founders Scholarships Program
Beneficiaries of Founders Scholarships Program will be offered the benefits below:
- The successful applicants will be offered $10,000 for four years towards their degree studies by Ferris State University.
How to Apply for Founders Scholarships Program
To avail Founders Scholarships Program, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: Applicants can apply to FSU online through its application portal.
- All international candidates will be selected automatically.
- Necessary Documents: The applicants are expected to provide official and original transcripts. Should be available both in their original language and in English for secondary schools and colleges that they have attended with a copy of the identification page(s) of your passport.
- Admission Prerequisites: Students must check and fulfill all entry requirements for international undergraduate students.
- Language: Applicants have to submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 96
- IELTS – 7.5
- Duolingo – 120
To inquire further about Founders Scholarships Program, please visit the official webpage.