VIT Academic Scholarship is a funding program presented by the Victoria Institute of Technology, Australia – 2021/2022 academic session. The grant is offered to support scholars who want to embark on a bachelor’s or master’s study in Australia. The applicants will have access to complete or partial tuition fee program as a benefit.
Victoria Institute of Technology is a recognized institution of higher education which endeavors to provide its students with top-quality education and training, also offering them life-changing knowledge, skills, and opportunity. It is rated in the QS World Rankings and is one of the best public universities in the country.
VIT Academic Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Institution: Victorian Institute of Technology
- Study Level: Bachelor, Masters
- Area of Study: Information Technology, Business Management
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Country: Australia
- Bachelor of Technology and Systems (BITS)
- Master of Technology and Systems (MITS)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Benefits of VIT Academic Scholarship
Recipients of VIT Academic Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- There are about 38 VIT Scholarships across the EQUITY and ACADEMIC streams.
- Women in Information Technology Scholarship – 1 x Full tuition fees (granted for the complete period of study).
- 1 x Full tuition fees (for the complete period of study).
- 2 x 50% tuition fees (for the complete period of study).
- 4 x 25% tuition fees (for the complete period of study).
- 30 x $3000 one-off bursary sum (payable after successful accomplishment of a student’s 1st semester of full-time studies only).
- 75% tuition fee reduction for all qualified Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
An in-house board will decide on the distribution of scholarship awards between the equity and academic streams.
Eligibility for VIT Academic Scholarship
To be eligible for VIT Academic Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: Foreign applicants from all countries are eligible to apply.
- They must be Australian citizens or international students.
- These interested applicants must be registered with VTAC.
- They have to satisfy all course entry requirements.
- They must qualify for FEE-HELP or be a full fee-paying student where a Tuition Fee shortfall exists.
- They must be incoming applicants studying full-time in BITS, MITS or MBA programs with VIT. The primary selection condition for an ACADEMIC scholarship will be the candidate’s ATAR score as decided by VTAC. Where 2 or more persons’ ATAR scores are alike, a weighting will apply to English and Mathematics scores.
How to Apply for VIT Academic Scholarship
To apply for VIT Academic Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- As beneficiary of the scholarship, you must continue studies at VIT in all semesters, in accordance with the individual periods of the awarded scholarship.
- Students must maintain a full-time study load (encompassing at least four units).
- Keep up good credit academic performance average across all units or any other particular academic performance criteria necessary for the course.
- Get your own independent guidance from the appropriate authorities on the effect, if any, that the funding is probable to have on your eligibility for Government aids or any taxation implications.
- Payments will be done in 2 installments for all years’ the award is offered and conditions are met.
- If the student fails to keep up the conditions as outlined in Item 1, without any outstanding conditions, he/she may lose the scholarship.
- Scholarship awards do not apply to the ‘Cross-Institutional Study’ done at another institution.
- The grants cannot be deferred.
- Successful applicants have five (5) working days to consent a scholarship.
- Applicants who take LOA (leave of absence) from their course will lose the scholarship and will not normally be qualified to apply for the scholarship when they restart study. In outstanding cases, the university may approve the continuation of the scholarship on return from a period of LOA.
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for this scholarship through an education agent.
- All scholarship awards are accepted at VIT’s discretion and all decisions are absolute.
To inquire further about VIT Academic Scholarship, please visit the official website.