Southeastern Louisiana University is pleased to present the Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship for the purpose of offering greater support and funding to assist financially disadvantaged students. This is in an anticipation for the 2022/2023 academic year.
This scholarship opportunity is open to receive submissions from out-of-state new incoming freshmen and undergraduate transfer candidates for non-resident programs at SLU. Applicants with a good GPA and required ACT or SAT scores will be selected. The award winner will be award tuition fee waivers for their registered programs.
Southeastern Louisiana University – About
Southeastern Louisiana University is a state-owned institution of higher learning in Hammond, Louisiana. It is ranked 93rd position in Regional Universities South. SLU functions as a catalyst to change lives by uniting generosity and vision, one relationship at a time.
The institution was established in the year 1925 by Linus A. Sims as Hammond Junior College. The institution thrived at getting the campus relocated to north Hammond in 1928, when it became recognized as Southeastern Louisiana College. It attained university position in the year 1970. In the fall of 2019, 14,298 scholars were registered in the school. In the 1990s, the school was one of the fastest-growing colleges in the United States. The university is the 3rd largest in Louisiana, trailing only LSU and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
What started as a junior college sustained by local taxes got established into a major university as Southeastern has now sprouted to meet the growing needs of southeast Louisiana and the Florida parishes.
Southeastern’s official colors are gold and green, and the mascot is a lion named Roomie. Southeastern’s sports teams partake in NCAA Division I (FCS for football) in the Southland Conference.
Why attend Southeastern Louisiana University? SLU is the state’s third-largest state-owned university and centers its efforts on harnessing the value from solid external relationships so as to bring greater assistance and funding for the progress of the University and its scholars.
Application Deadline: 1st of December, 2021
Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Southeastern Louisiana University
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Award Type: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: Domestic students
- Location: USA
Eligibility for Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship
To be eligible for Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All out-of-state home country candidates can apply for the program.
- Eligible Courses: Applicants can apply to embark a non-resident undergraduate program available at SLU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To meet the criteria, the candidates must satisfy all the following/given criteria:
- The candidates shall have an ACT composite score of 21 (or an equivalent SAT score).
- The candidates must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.25 or higher.
Benefits of Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship
Recipients of Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The successful applicants will be extended a tuition fee waiver to fund the cost of a non-resident undergraduate program at SLU.
How to Apply for Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship
To avail Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: Applicants should log in to the university portal and apply to their choice of UG program. Out-of-state applicants that satisfy the eligibility criteria of the grant will be considered.
- Necessary Documents: The applicants are expected to submit the documents below to the university:
- Immunization records
- High school transcripts
- Financial statement of support
- Admission Prerequisites: Applicants must have graduated high school (secondary school) and have never gone to school further than that. The applicants must have accomplished a recognized secondary school program with a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.35. ACT or SAT scores must also be presented.
- Language Prerequisites: The applicants have to present TOEFL or IELTS test scores if they have not schooled in the U.S.
- TOEFL – 550 paper-based
- TOEFL – 80 internet-based
- TOEFL – 7.9 IB
- IELTS – 6.5 overall band
- Duolingo – 100
To inquire further about Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship, please visit the official webpage.